Dr. Phyllis W. Muturi Publications
Publications in Journals
- Muturi P.W., Mgonja M. and Rubaihayo, P. 2019. Gene action conditioning resistance traits to spotted stem borer, Chilo partellus, in grain sorghum. International Journal of Tropical Insect Science. https://doi.org/10.1007/s42690-019-00020-x
- Muturi P.W. and P. Rubaihayo, 2018. Inheritance of Resistance Traits to the African Stem Borer in Grain Sorghum. In press; African Crop Science Journal
- Muturi, P.W. Mgonja M. and Rubaihayo P, 2014. Identification of new sorghum genotypes resistant to the African and spotted Stem borers. International Journal of Tropical Insect Science, pp 1 of 9
- Muturi PW, Rubaihayo P, Mgonja M, Kyamanywa S, Sharma HC and Hash CT, 2012. Novel source of sorghum tolerance to the African stem borer, Busseola fusca. African Journal of Plant Science Vol. 6(11), pp. 295-302
- Muturi P.W, Rubaihayo P, Mgonja M, Kyamanywa S, Kibuka J and Sharma HC, 2012. New sources of resistance to spotted stem borer, Chilo partellus in sorghum. Int. J. Agr. & Agri. R. Vol. 2, No. 8, p. 18-28
- Mwololo J.K., Mburu M.K.W., Muturi P.W., 2012. Performance of sweet potato varieties across environments in Kenya. Int. J. Agr. & Agri. R. Vol. 2, No. 10, p. 1-11
- Muturi, P.W., Mwololo, J.K., Munyiri, S.W., Rubaihayo P., Munyua, J.K., Mgonja M., Manyasa E. and Kiarie N, 2010. A perspective on proteomics: Current applications, challenges and potential uses. Agriculture and biology journal of North America, Vol. 1, Issue 5: 916-918
- J.K. Mwololo, P.W. Muturi, S.W. Munyiri and J.K. Munyua, 2010. An overview of advancement in bioinformatics and its application in functional genomics. Journal of Animal and Plant Sciences. Vol. 6, Issue 3:645-652
- J.K. Mwololo, H.G Karaya, P.W. Muturi, S.W. Munyiri and J.K. Munyua, 2010. Utilization of proteins and nucleic acids in the study of gene function: A comparative review. Journal of Applied Biosciences, 30: 1861-186
- J. K. Mwololo, P. W. Muturi, M. W. K. Mburu, R.W. Njeru, N. Kiarie, J. K.Munyua E. M. Ateka, R. W. Muinga and R. E. Kapinga, 2009. Additive main effects and multiplicative interaction analysis of genotype x environmental interaction among sweet potato genotypes. Journal of Animal & Plant Sciences. Vol. 2, Issue 3: 148 - 155.
Presentation of Papers at Academic and Professional Conferences
- Muturi P.W and Mgonja M, 2018. Inheritance of Resistance in Sorghum to the Spotted Stem Borer, (Swinhoe) (Lepidoptera; Crambidae). Paper presented during Organisation for Women in Science for Developing Countries, regional conference – Africa on 5th – 7th September, 2018 at ICIPE, Kasarani, Duduvile campus, Nairobi, Kenya
- Muturi P.W, 2017. Linking Agricultural African Universities with Stakeholders to Build Resilience among Small Holder Farmers: Need for Attention, Collaboration and Support. Paper presented during ASA 60th Annual Meeting on 15-19th November, Chicago IL
- Muturi P.W, 2016. Enhancing Sustainable Livelihoods and Building Resilience in Semi-Arid Lands through Cultivation of Elite Sorghum. Paper presented during ASA 59th Annual Meeting in Washington, DC, December 1-3,
- Muturi P.W, Rubaihayo P and Mgonja M, 2016. Inheritance of resistant traits to the African stem borer in Sorghum. Paper presented at the Presented at RUFORUM Biennial conference held in Cape town, South Africa on 5-21 Oct. 2016
- Muturi PW, Mgonja M and Rubaihayo P, 2015. Morphological traits conditioning sorghum resistance to the African stem borer, Busseola fusca. Paper presented at the Entomological Society of America (ESA) conference in November 15 - 18, 2015 Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
- Muturi PW, Mgonja M and Rubaihayo P, 2013. Resistance of sorghum to indigenous stem borers. Paper presented in the 11th African Crop Science Society Conference held on 14 - 17 October 2013, Entebbe, Uganda
- Muturi PW, Rubaihayo P, Kyamanywa S, Mgonja M and Sharma H C, 2012. Performance of Selected Grain Sorghum Genotypes for Improved Food Security and Livelihoods. Paper presented in the 3rd RUFORUM Biennial Conference, 24-28 September, Entebbe, Uganda
- Muturi P W, Rubaihayo P, Kyamanywa S and Mgonja M, 2011. Sources of resistance to Busseola fusca and Chilo partellus in sorghum for improved food security and livelihoods. Paper presented at the 10th African Crop Science Society Conference held at Maputo, Mozambique on 10-13 October
- Muturi, P.W. Mburu, M.W.K. Mwololo, J.K. Ateka, E. M. Njeru, R. W and Kiarie, N, 2011. Response of Sweet potato to whitefly resistance. Paper presented in aGRO 2011 University of Nairobi held at College of Agriculture and Veterinary Sciences on 26th-28th September
- Muturi P.W., Mburu M.W.K., Njeru R.W., Kiarie N., Munyua J.K., Ateka E.M., Muinga R.W., Kapinga R.E. and Lemaga B. “Screening for tolerance in selected sweetpotato germplasm to Sweetpotato Virus Disease in Kenya” Presented at the Regional Universities Forum Biennial Meeting, April 23rd - 27th, 2007, Mangochi, Malawi.
- Mwololo J.K., Muturi P.W., Mburu M.W.K., Njeru R.W., Kiarie N., Munyua J.K., Ateka E.M., Muinga R.W and Kapinga R.E. “Participatory evaluation of sweetpotato production in Kirinyaga and Kwale districts in Kenya” Presented at the Regional Universities Forum Biennial Meeting, April 23rd - 27th, 2007, Mangochi, Malawi.
- Muturi P.W., Mwololo J.M., Mburu M.W.K., Njeru R.W., Kiarie N., Munyua J.K., Ateka E.M., Muinga R.W. and Kapinga R.E. Strategies for maintaining sweetpotato nurseries free from insect vectors that spread Sweet potato Virus Disease. African Crop Science Society Conference proceedings 2007, Vol. 8 pp 2071-2074.