Prof. Fredrick Mugendi Njoka Publications
- Tubei, E. J., Njoka, F. M., Ombori, O. Njau, P.N. (2018). Introgression of Stem Rust Resistance into Popular Kenyan Wheat Varieties to Improve Production
Journal of Advances in Biology & Biotechnology, Vol 17, Issue 1 pp 1-11. ISSN: 2394-1081
- Tubei, E. J., Omwoyo, O., Njau, P.N., Njoka F.M. (2017). Determination of Stem Rust Ug99 Disease Severity in Selected Wheat Backcrosses in Kenya. Journal of Agriculture and Veterinary Science Volume 10, Issue 5 Ver. I May. 2017), PP 66-71
- Njoka, F.M., Kariuki J.M. (2017). Agronomic Performance of Single Crosses of Maize in Kiambu and Embu Counties of Kenya. Journal of Applied Life Sciences International. Vol 2(1): 1-8, 2017; Article no.JALSI.30932 ISSN: 2394-1103
- Manene, D. W., Njoka, F.M.. (2017) Determination of Post Striga Attachment Resistance in Selected Resistant Sorghum Lines in Kenya. Journal of Global Agriculture and Ecology Volume 7, Issue 1: 36-42, 2017.
- Njoka, F.M., Margaret, O., Omondi, C., Kathurima, E. (2017). Pathogenicity of Colletotrichum kahawae in Kenya. International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR) Volume 6, Issue 5, 491-494, 2017.
- Kiranga, N. A, Njoka, F.M., Nderito, C. W. (2017) Physiological and Agronomic Performance of Domesticated and Wild Cotton Germplasm from Selected Regions of Kenya. Journal of Applied Life Sciences International Volume 11, Issue 3: 1-7, 2017.
- Kariuki, J.M, F. M. Njoka, Leley, P. K., Manene, D. W. (2016). Combining Ability of Inbred Lines of Maize (Zea mays) in Kiambu and Embu Counties, Kenya.
International Journal of Plant & Soil Science 12(4): 1-8
- Kithure, R. K., Muchugi, A., Jamnadass, R., Njoka, F.M., Mwaura, L. (2015). Genetic diversity of Faidherbia albida (Del.) A. Chev accessions held at the World Agroforestry Centre. Journal of Forests, Trees and Livelihoods Vol (1): 1-12.
- Sande F. O., Njoka F. M., Mgutu J. A., Anami E. A. (2014) Screening for water deficit tolerance, relative growth analysis and Agrobacterium-infectivity
in Tropical maize (Zea mays L.). inbred lines in Nairobi. International Journal of Life Sciences Research Vol. 2 (4): 218-224.
- Melil K. Charles, Njoka M. Fredrick, Ombakho A. George, Omari M. Odongo (2013). Genetic variability analysis for growth and yield parameters in double cross maize (Zea mays L.) genotypes in Kitale county of Kenya; Journal of Plant Breeding and Genetics, Volume1.
- Grace K., Njoka F. M. (2013) Identifying morpho-physiological characteristics associated with drought tolerance in selected Chickpea germplasms in Nakuru and Baringo Counties, Kenya. Agriculture Science Developments Vol. (11): 106-115.
- Njoka F.M., Okwany Z.A., Githui E.K., (2010). Molecular genotyping of selected soybean (Glycine max L.) genotypes grown in different regions of East Africa; African Journal of Plant Science vol. 4, May 2010. pgs. 128- 134.
- Anunda H., Njoka F.M., Shauri H., (2010). Public perceptions towards genetically modified crops and foods in Kenya. Journal of Applied Biosciences. ISSN 1997-5902. 33: 2027-2036.
- Semionov O.G., Tretiakov N.N., Yakovlev A.F., Njoka F.M. (2005). The effect of nucleo-cytoplasmic interaction on adaptive reaction to stress factors in hybrids of spring wheat (T. aestivum). Journal of the Russian Academy of Agricultural Sciences, 4th Edition, Moscow, pgs. 352-364.
- Njoka, F.M., Semionov O.G. (2002). Comparative studies of allo-cytoplasmic wheat hybrids on their productivity and its elements. Materials presented in Scientific Conference of the Agronomy Faculty of the Russian Peoples Friendship University Moscow, 18-20th January, 2002. pgs. 51-53.
- Njoka, F.M., Semionov, O.G., Durga, N. M. (2000). The problem of fixing heterosis within generations. Refereed Bulletin of the Agrarian Faculty of the Peoples’ Friendship University, (18th –20th January, 2000). Moscow, 4: 70-71.
- Njoka, F.M., Durga, N. M. (2000). The peculiarities of heterosis appearance in the third filial generation (F3) in allocytoplasmic wheat hybrids. Journal of the Agrarian Faculty of the Peoples’ Friendship University, 18 –20th January, 1999 Moscow, 1: 25-26.
- Njoka, F.M. (2000). The effects of nucleo-cytoplasmic interaction depending on the type of combination in spring wheat hybrids. Journal of Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow, 152: 1- 9.
- Njoka, F.M., Simionov, O. G., Tretiakov, N.N., Yakovlev, A.F., Djarova, O. S. (2001). The effect of light duration on biometrical parameters and production in spring wheat. Journal of the Russian academy of Sciences, Ariol City, Russia. Vol.2 Part 1, pages 35-39.
- Njoka, F.M., Semionov O. G. (2001). Nucleo-cytoplasmic heterotic effect in allocytoplasmic hybrids of spring wheat T. aestivum L. International Conference of Arid Farming, Salionoe Zaimishe (Astrakhan region). P. 349 –357.
- F.M. Njoka, Y.C. Muzanila, R.C. Cheruiyot , D. M. Kakuru , I. R. Kamya (January, 2010). Acceptability and production of soybean and its impact on the farming communities of the Lake Victoria Basin. Submitted to VicRes end of project summary Journal.
- Njoka, F.M. (1999). Heterosis effect of allocytoplasmic wheats hybrids of different types of cytoplasm in the first filial generation (F1). Journal of Moscow State Academy of Agriculture, 4: 21-25.
Presentation of Papers at Academic and Professional Conferences
- 11th –July 2016. Decolonising the Spirit Conference, Embu University College. (Presented a paper titled: “Factors affecting acceptability and production of soybean in Lake Victoria Region” and submitted for publication in November 2016). Chaired two plenary sessions.
- 11th – 12th May 2016. 28th International Conference on Science, Technology, Engineering and Management (ICSTEM). Melbourne-Australia (presented a paper titled: Genotype x environment interaction of inbred lines of maize (Zea mays L.) and stability of crosses in Kiambu and Embu Counties, Kenya” and submitted for publication in June 2016).
- 16th – 17th September 2015. Conference on effective teaching of Agricultural Sciences in Higher Institutions of Learning. The Kenya Forestry Research Institute, Kitui Regional Research Center. (Presented a paper titled “Quality Assurance in Agricultural Education in Embu University College”). Chaired two plenary sessions.
- 14th –16th April, 2003. An International Symposium on: Building Agricultural Resources capacity in Africa: Quality and relevance of tertiary education, Kenyatta University, Nairobi, Kenya.
- 2nd – 5th August 2006 1st National Biological Postgraduate Scientific Conference, Biological Research for achieving the Millennium Development goals, Kenyatta University.
Conferences, Seminars and Workshops attended
- 2010: Higher Education Loans Board Seminar on Enhancing Service Delivery in Financing Higher Education held from 21st – 24th April, 2010, Kenya School of Monetary Studies, Nairobi, Kenya.
- 2009: Alternative land use Options and technologies Cluster Workshop held in Zanzibar Beach Resort, Zanzibar – Tanzania, 19th – 22nd March, 2009. Presented a paper titled “Acceptability and production of soybean in the Lake Victoria Basin”.
- 2008: VicRes Result dissemination workshop, Jinja, Uganda, 10th – 13th March, 2008.
- 2008: 5th VicRes annual Forum, Theme: Walk the talk and talk the walk. Ngurdoto Hotel, Arusha – Tanzania 27th – 31st May 2008
- 2007: 4th VicRes Annual Forum, Linking Research to Action. Jinja 21st – 26th May, 2007.
- 2006: Executive Secretaries/ Personal Assistants Course held at The Grand Regency Hotel, Nairobi, 4th – 8th December, 2006.
- 2006: 3rd VicRes Annual General Forum, Arusha 23rd – 26th May 2006. Presented a paper titled: Assesment of soybean growing in the Lake Victoria Basin.
- 2006: Advanced Course on the Quality and Safety of Horticultural Crops. Nanjing Agricultural University, China, 1st – 22nd September, 2006.
- 2006: VicRes Lead Scientists seminar on Project Management Best Practices, Moi University, 19th November, 2006.
- 2006: VicRes Researcher’s conference in Kisumu from 23rd – 27th May 2006. Presented a paper entitled “ Socio-cultural practices that influence soybean growing in the lake Victoria Region”.
- 2005: 1st National Biological Postgraduate Scientific Conference, Biological Research for achieving the Millennium Development goals, Kenyatta University, 2nd – 5th August, 2005.
- 2005: Inter-University Council of East Africa Lead Scientist Meeting held at Ngurdoto Mt. lodge, Arusha- Tanzania, 23rd – 26th August, 2005.
- 2003: Biosafety conference at NARL Nairobi, January 2003
- 2003: An International Symposium on: Building agricultural resources capacity in Africa: Quality and relevance of tertiary education, Kenyatta University, Nairobi, Kenya. 14th – 16th April, 2003.
- 2001: International Conference on Arid Farming, Astrakhan, Russia. Presented a paper titled: Nucleo-cytoplasmic heterotic effect in allocytoplasmic hybrids of spring wheat T. aestivum L. (May, 2001).
- 2001: Conference of young scientists in Moscow Academy of Agriculture named Timiryazev (2001). Presented a paper titled: The effect of photoperiod on biometrical parameters and production in spring wheat.
Books/Book Chapters Published
- Introduction to Plant breeding – Book under publication