Dr. Esther Edith Arunga Publications
Publications in Journals
- Nderitu, W. P., J.J. Muturi, Otieno, M., Arunga, E.E., Johnsson, M. (2018). Tomato Leaf miner (Tuta absoluta) (Meyrick 1917) (Lepidoptera: Gelechiidae) prevalence and farmer management practices in Kirinyanga County, Kenya. Journal of Entomology and Nematology, Vol. 10(6),pp.43-49.
- Miller, T., Gepts, P., Kimno, S., Arunga, E.E, Chilagane, A.L., Nchimbi-Msolla, S., Namusoke, A., Namayanja, A., Rezene, T.Y. (2018). Alternative markers linked to the Phg-2 angular leaf spot resistance locus in common bean using the Phaseolus genes marker database. African Journal of Biotechnology 17(26):818-828.
- Rezene Y., Tesfaye, K., Mukankusi, C. Arunga, E.E & Gepts, P. (2018). Simple and rapid detached leaf technique for screening common beans (Phaseolus vulgaris L.) in vitro against angular leaf spot (Pseudocercospora griseola) disease. African Journal of Biotechnology 17(35):1076-1081.
- Kimno, S.K., Kiplagat, O.K., Arunga, E.E., and Chepkoech, E. (2016). Evaluation of Selected French Bean (Phaseolus vulgaris L.) Genotypes for Resistance to
Angular Leaf Spot (Pseudocercospora griseola) in Western Kenya. American Journal of Experimental Agriculture 13(4): 1-6.
- Arunga, E. E. , Ochuodho, J.O., Kinyua, M.G., Owuoche, J.O. and Chepkoech, E. (2015). Genetic diversity of determinate French beans grown in Kenya based on morpho-agronomic and simple sequence repeat variation. Journal of Plant Breeding and Crop Science. 7(8):240-250.
- Chepkoech E., Kinyua M., Kiplagat O., Arunga E.E and Kimno S. (2015). Genetic Diversity of Cassava Mutants, Hybrids and Landraces using Simple Sequence Repeat Markers. American Journal of Experimental Agriculture 5(4): 287-294.
- Arunga, E.E., Ochuodho, J.O., Kinyua, M.G. and Owuoche, J.O. (2012). Characterization of Uromyces appendiculatus isolates collected from snap bean growing areas in Kenya. African Journal of Agricultural Research 7: 5685-5691.
- Arunga, E.E., Van Rheenen H.A and Owuoche J. O. (2010). Diallel analysis of snap bean (Phaseolus vulgaris L.) varieties for important traits. African Journal of Agricultural Research 5(15):1951-1957.
Presentation of Papers at Academic and Professional Conferences
- Arunga E.E., Ochuodho, J., Woyengo, V.W. & Owuoche, J. (2018). Incidence and Prevalence of Groundnut Diseases in Western Kenya. Paper presented at the 3rd Kibabii University International Conference, 12th – 14th June.
- Arunga, E.E and Stephen, K.K. (2015). Introgression of angular leaf spot resistance to French beans adapted to Kenyan environment using molecular markers. Poster presentation at the Common Bean Disease Workshop on Angular Leafspot and Root Rot, Skukuza, South Africa, 20th -23rd July.
- Arunga, E.E., Eleba, W., Danso, K. and Obare, J.I. (2014). Sensitivity of Lablab (Lablab purpureus L.) to Gamma Irradiation and Ethyl Methane Sulphonate. Paper presented at the 2nd Technical University of Kenya- Science Technology Innovation Research Conference: Nairobi, 24th to 27th June.
- Arunga, E.E., Ochuodho, J.O., Kinyua, M.G, Chepkoech and Karanja, D.K. (2013). Screening for bean rust resistance in French bean grown in Kenya. International Journal of Agribusiness, Innovations and Rural development 1:15-26. Paper presented at the Mount Kenya University First Annual Academic Conference and Agricultural Field Day, Kitale Kenya. 26th – 28th September.
- Chepkoech, E., Kiplagat, O., Kinyua, G., Arunga, E.E., and Kimno, S. (2013). Potato breeding potential to resistance to bacterial wilt (Ralstonia solanacearum ) in Kenya. Paper presented at the 11th African Crop Science Society Conference, Entebbe, Uganda, 13th -17th October.
- Chepkoech, E., Kiplagat, O., Kinyua, G., Arunga, E.E., and Kimno, S. (2013). Genetic diversity of cassava mutants, hybrids and landraces based on morphological and microsatellite markers. Paper presented at the 1st international and interdisplinary conference held at University of Eldoret, Kenya, 3rd – 5th September
- Arunga, E.E., Ochuodho, J.O., Kinyua, M.G. and Owuoche, J.O. (2012). Characterization of Uromyces appendiculatus isolates collected from snap bean growing areas in Kenya. Poster presentation at IV international Conference on Legume Genetics and Genomics Conference, Hyderabad, India. 2nd – 7th October.
- Arunga, E.E., Kinyua, G. M. and Ochuodho, O. J. (2010). Application of Scar Markers for Breeding against Bean Rust in French bean. Paper presented at the Moi University 6th Annual International Conference, Eldoret, Kenya. 7th – 11th September.
- Arunga, E.E., Rao, B.S., Omega, B. and Rheenen, H.A. van (2008). Multilocational Trials of Advanced French bean (Phaseolus vulgaris) Breeding Material. Proceedings of 4th Annual International Conference, Moi University pp 21-27.
- Arunga, E.E., Angima, R. and Rheenen, H.A. van (2008). The Effect of Location on Seed Quality of French bean (Phaseolus vulgaris). Paper presented at the Moi University 4th Annual International Conference, Eldoret, Kenya. 29th – 1st July.